Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ayahuasca

I’ve deliberated over whether to post this entry as clearly it’s more than a little controversial. Perhaps if I’m a father one day this will have to go but for now I’ll remain true to my feelings and experiences and share this episode with you all. Again for nearly everyone including me yesterday clicking this link will explain what it is...Ayahuasca.
All set up by our jungle guide Antonio this was clearly going to be heaven or hell. The usual format for the full spiritual experience involves seeing how it’s made, a visit to a Shaman, blindfolds, plenty of chanting and suitable music for the 4-6 hours somewhere in the jungle. We however did none of this and after our Shaman didn’t turn up we simply sat away from the road in the light vegetation and drank...
I’m not going to pretend that I’m any sort of saint as my close friends hopefully wouldn’t testify but this was a new one on me and once the three third of a cups we in me I waited... What followed was partly expected with several hours of violent vomiting and diarrhoea, major problems dealing with light, time slowed right down and generally being totally bad worded. Even with the whole shaman, chanting thing I fail to see how or why anyone would want to do this but believe it or not it has developed into the new religion ‘Santo Daime’ with followers around the world. Somehow after what seemed like 100 years we got back to our hostel and still battered I saught redemption by way of Markus Schulz’s Prague ’11. Surely this would create the whole ‘sound as shapes and kaleidoscope’ phenomena? Er no. Think of this poison (it can only be) as making the brain like an early notebook computer not having sufficient processor speed to deal with sound and video. My beautiful trance music reached my brain at a speed of 1.5 times faster than normal due to time being slowed down so much. So all in all then, an absolutely horrendous experience. Time to move on now I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment