Sunday, October 16, 2011

Are you in yet?

Surely the worst question a man would wish to hear but on this occasion* had I’ve been asked I would not have been able to give an accurate answer. Bosnia and Herzegovina may well be another little country sticker to stick on my panniers if I was the attention seeking type that does that sort of thing but then maybe not? You see I’d wondered exactly what was what when I first studied and planned my route a few months ago and depending on where I looked the E65 either passes under, over or not at all through B&H. As it turned out, we were waved through some sort of toll/border, I think I saw a B&H Euro blue sign and then 20km or so further up the road we passed through a proper border post for Croatia. The 20km stretch in between seemed like it must have been B&H however except for a few small settlings and maybe a petrol station there were no roads (that I could see) east into the mainland nor a port. So if it was in fact B&H what is the point?
*"On this occasion" doesn't imply that I've heard this question before...*Ahem*

No comments:

Post a Comment