Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not a buenos start in Good Aires

From the viewpoint on my top bunk is an impossibly heavy looking piece of dirty cobweb which is hanging from a tiny thread. Situated behind the barred window, it’s constantly being blown around by the draught that it’s caught in. I noticed this on day one here in Dakarmotos, Florida – BA and thought that a) physics have to mean that gravity will improve my view out of the window some time very soon and b) along with the barred window inside the white walled room and all the evidence of other travellers here before me here made it me feel like a ‘fresh fish’ serving my first days of prison. Now much later I can conclude that a) was wrong and b) was as good as right. Big bad Des was all crated up and ready to be sent by air at a bloody expensive price a week and a half ago but with that expense does come rapid freight and peace of mind. Except on this occasion it seems. #572 in an ever expanding list of reasons not to like Americans is the knowledge that the reason for us ending up on different ends of the continent is due to those muppets deciding to open my crate to have a poke around him and my luggage. Fair enough if I’m coming in but he’s in transit FFS! As a result of all this he missed the flight down, spent a week in Miami and finally arrived an hour before the end of the final day before a four day national holiday, meaning an additional $200 for ‘storage.’ Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment