Thursday, April 28, 2011

Two friends head north...

I am a bit of a loner, an individual. I don’t really have much time for most people that I know and meet and I seem to have a problem in committing to anyone. Why? I really don’t know. What I do know is that I want this to change. Of all the people that I’ve met that travel like this...the individuals, in my eyes, seem to have all missed the boat somewhat. It’s always the same story...”met a beautiful girl, got itchy feet, travelled, still travelling (fifteen years later) and still in touch as friends but life’s moved on for her.” I recognise that I’m in danger of becoming one of them (if I’m not already) and so something needs to happen in my life. This moment could well be right now actually...(see next entry).
Myself and BJ left Dave behind in Buenos Aires as he caught up with an Argentinean lady that he knew (yes you’ve guessed it) fifteen years ago. The first day’s ride up to Concordia was pretty uneventful except for a road side lunch stop. It was one of those moments that only seem to happen on trips like these. The family treated BJ and I like long lost relatives while their adorable little four year old girl ‘Bianca’ chatted away to us as we tucked into our lunch seemingly oblivious to our lack of understanding of Spanish. After a game of ‘how many stones can you get in a bottle top’ and the old ‘catch the stone from your elbow’ trick Bianca was left all smiles and maybe thinking that I wasn’t just a bit thick after all. Maybe.
The end of the riding day took us into a beautiful town named Concordia. Clean, chilled out, spacious and pretty it was just about as perfect a town as you could wish to find. The only thing not quite right was one of its temporary inhabitants...

No comments:

Post a Comment