Friday, May 20, 2016

Ordering Blind...

1) Charlie's Salmon. Oh dear. Lenny was so right, "the worse it is, the better it looks on the blog." Poor Charlie, food poisoning. Nasty. Basically he was in no fit state to stay at home in bed all day (bucket ready and near the toilet) never mind riding several hundred miles in the cold on a motorcycle. He did though after a few prolonged periods of rest soldier on, good lad.
2) My choice of motorcycle. Basically I bought it without riding it and then only rode two miles on it before the trip. Maybe it's easier to describe this like a girlfriend. She's not a looker but there's something there I think I like but I'm not sure what. One day she looks nicely different and the other I'm hoping nobody sees us out together. She doesn’t like to be cold but she doesn’t warm up easily. She’s fairly comfortable to be with but not sure we can grow old together. On the whole though things look OK. When the curtains are drawn she can give far more than I'm used to. Perhaps the sketchy history that I received with her is a good thing. I probably don't want to know... I'll talk technical later for the anoraks/future riders to laugh at. Slept in Ciudad Real. No Salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment