Thursday, July 16, 2009

Clubbing in Turkmenbashi, Turkmenistan



The nightmare finally ended and I was in a hotel room in the town of Turkmenbashi. Hungry, thirsty and tired after all that had gone before. The last one I can deal with however so, moments later me + 3 were in a taxi into town to some restaurent/disco place. Refuelled and met a great local guy named Arslan, his fiancée Masha and her friend Baha and then out came the vodka...oh dear. A short unknown time later and I'd been invited along to 'Club Chaika,' and what a laugh it was! They played some what I can only describe as 'Turkmen House' with the odd western tune thrown in occassionally. Got pretty mashed up, thankfully though Arslan dropped me off at my hotel and only then I suddenly recalled that in 3 hours a HUGE ride across the desert was on and initially we had to ride as a group with our local official. Ah...

No comments:

Post a Comment