Monday, September 26, 2011

Milanono

Hmmm, well I hadn’t really given this much thought but after arriving in Italy it very quickly it dawned on me that virtually all of the ‘must see/do’s’ in Italy involve either the church or some statues of impossibly buff men with small penises. Great. On top of that, I’m all galleried and museumed out after traipsing around the Louvre and other places on the route here. So with a few quick pictures in the camera what else to do in Milan then? The main thing it turns out is to be made to feel like a turd in a jewellers shop as the Milanese really lived up to their reputation when it comes to style and dress. I’ve worked out that one of the reasons that they are all (and I mean all) as sharp as they are is that few of them have to spend thousands on cars as we do in the UK and of course the sharper everyone else is then the more they have to try. God forbid if you’re caught out there in last year’s colours or non matching accessories. So you can imagine the looks I received as I strolled around town (oh and during Milan fashion week) in my travel plimsolls and three quarter shorts! Anyhow,not that I'm all that bothered as architectural pictures were taken and it’s time to find something else. But for that we must press on...

No comments:

Post a Comment