Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Asia


Now it's getting really hot (up to 40 degrees). Fortunately my Hein Gericke 'Air 3' clothing is working really well. So I crossed one of Istanbul's bridges into Asia for the second time (I managed it during my attempt to find the hotel two days before). Met a young guy on the road who was travelling on his own. He'd already done 10,000km through many countries including France, Spain and northern Africa and he really impressed me. As jealous as he was of my trip I was slightly embarrassed at the high standard of my bike, kit and support in comparison to his stuff.
Spent the night wild camping, with myself and Scott on kitchen duties. The ingredients were bought for us and it was Thai green curry all round, which turned out alright actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment