Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time away from the group and a taste of freedom


To the Czech Replublic...

After the obligitory continental breakfast it was the long ride to the CZ. It rained. Oh and my super lightweight and expensive 'waterproofs' are not very waterproof! Bastards. So, in the iffy weather I made it as far as the CZ border with a group of five other riders. All motorways and nothing of any note however, as we approached the CZ I'd decided I'd had enough and wanted to spend a little time and lunch in Pilzen which I did. Alone. I rode into town (baffles still out) with the population of the city looking at me like I was some type of alien! Had my CZ lunch and made some calls to see friends for the next two nights. First stop Pavel in Caslav and then Robert and Aja in Pardubice...

No comments:

Post a Comment