Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mount Nemrut


A hard, hard days riding. Rode the 400km to near Mount Nemrut but the last 50km was all off road, mountain sections and a bit of a mission! It didn't help that I couldn't find the correct turn off from the main(?!) road and ended up fully cross country over farmers fields trying to get on track! Eventually found the remote hotel and took a ride up to the summit to see the old damaged statues (usual story) and then cleaned myself up and after dinner met a great American guy named Vince and a local called 'Kudu.' After some debate Kudu couldn't recommend highly enough a visit back to the summit at 4.30am!! to see the spectacular sunrise over the mountains. Considering in my job I've had to get up at that time for all sorts of wastes of times I thought, why not?
It was indeed spectaclar but now I've done it I'll stay in bed next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment