Monday, June 29, 2009

"Do not fear me gypsy"


So, with tiredness I threw my leg over my bike and pointed it the 450km at Romania. I managed to stay in bed for a few more hours beyond 7.30am and even considered staying there (bed) for another day but in the end I decided that as much as I wanted that scenario to happen it was probably the safest thing to press on. A wet ride then followed all the way to my hotel in Romania. Romanian roads are by far the worst I've ridden so far on this trip both in the condition and accident rate. At one point, there were three tasty simultanious incidents within 2km of each other! The first one being particularly big with two cars leaving the road and dropping down an embankment! Naturally I stopped to see if any help was needed/I was going to get my own room for the rest of the trip, as it had only just happened. I'm still sharing with Scott btw! Anyway, Romania is a Karzy. Put it this way, the village where Borat 'lives' in the film was shot there. Aviod.
Oh and on that subject, I finally discovered that the car that he's towed in at the start of the film is a...Dacia 130 (formally a Renault 12). This one's for you bruv, check out the 'pimping'...alloy wheels, blue flames, spot lights, full leather and there was even some ICE onboard kicking out some Romanian folk. You love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment