Sunday, August 9, 2009

Maybe Patrick Moore had a point...Krygzstan


Tashkent was a bit of a let down so after a quick mini service me and Des were off to Kygyzstan. I'll stop here and mention this picture. This is my favorite picture so far, it absolutely sums up the trip for me so far on too many levels that I can explain here. Love it. Anyway, trail riding in the mountains beckoned and with reports on a guy I know that broke his leg on these trails a week before I rode the test run for Mongolia. Oh my word, it was tough. Probably not helped by me still having my 90% worn road tyres on rather than my off road ones! Two offs and a lucky escape later and I'd made it into my sleeping bag. I couldn't sleep though and decided to see what the night sky was like. Stunning! I moved out from my tent and laid out under the most amazing night sky ever. Shooting stars, satellites, full moon, milky way the lot. All with the simply superb A State Of Trance 2009 album in my ears. Stirring stuff.

1 comment:

  1. 'Shooting stars, satellites, full moon, milky way the lot. All with the simply superb A State Of Trance 2009 album in my ears. Stirring stuff. ' - Doesnt get any better than that mate. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete