Sunday, August 9, 2009

Party time in Ulaan Bataar!



Clean and no longer tired, I'm here in UB. Four days of R&R gave the oportunity for some fun and Paulo did the business again by hooking me up with 'Ochi' who showed me around town on night one. Club Metropolis was the end venue and...Trance music!!! Planned to go back on Saturday. Before then spent/wasted the time trying to get online to do this blog and catch up on emails etc (little success) and bought a few bits of knock off clothing from the mental market. After a fussy few hours I did OK and was ready for Saturday night...
Saturday night came but no Ochi as he was stuck on a work weekend in the country so in I went on my own. Club Metropolis though was hosting an R&B/Hip hop night so a quick beer later I headed for Club Mass which the barman informed me was where I needed to go. Club Mass. Very very good. Modern, sharp people inside, house music, cold beer. I bumped into a couple of guys I'd met a couple of nights back in Metropolis and after a beer and sort of chat with them I let the DJ know that some trance was in order. And did he deliver! Three hours or so of excactly my music, all bang up to date and just superb. With no gym for two months now how I needed to dance! And no, not because I've turned into some fat slob thank you! Great night and a real surprise! Roll on Seoul in two weeks for some more of the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment