Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Boredom in Billings and beyond...



I'll start to write this but I doubt there'll be much more to add as things are a little boring right now. Like many I've watched and read Ewan and Charlie's 'Long Way Round' but was surprised and disappointed in that the whole of North America seemed to make up no more than 10% of the trip on TV or book form. I can now see why. The vast open plains of Montana and now Wyoming are pretty featureless and the 350-400 mile days are a drag. Highlights on the road have been non existant. I'd always dreamt of riding the west coast to east coast of America and unless I'm on the wrong road I must have missed something. Everywhere is the same with small pointless settlements, very odd people, nasty food and beer, larger souless towns, and big ugly vehicles. I did go to the 'Battle Of Little Big Horn' monument today though, but even that was a cemetry with some plagues overlooking some fields and hills. General Custer seemed to be the main draw for some uninteresting reason. I'm not that big on American history, or maybe American history just isn't all that big? Mount Rushmoor tomorrow should be worth a photo though at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment