Thursday, September 17, 2009

Three travel to Watson Lake via Faro




With me and BJ now way behind the rest of our group in terms of days and miles, although ultimately costing us more as our booked hotel rooms are not being used at least it gives us some freedom. Freedom to leave went we want (we've stopped aiming for departure times :-) and just to look at a map and say "what do you reckon then?" Which I think is what it's all about. So, we left Dawson City joined by Ben on his XT600 and headed to Watson Lake via Faro. Neither Faro or Watson Lake are very interesting, instead it's just been about the ride. Nothing we've seen before really just three guys riding our bikes. Ben only passed his bike test in May so big respect to him for attempting this so early and on his own. It made me realise quite how much I've learnt myself over the past few months with me being able to give him tips and examples of how to ride these loose surfaced roads either full on motorcross style or just smoother and stable. Progressively he got up to speed and the 580 mile ride was complete with smiles, laughter and fun had by all. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment