Thursday, September 3, 2009

Spending the night in Victoria...


A nice easy ride alone up to one of the many boat options to Canada's Vancouver Island completed and with minutes to spare (had the wrong ferry schedule) I was aboard. The sail (or whatever it is, seeing as it had no sails) took three hours through some spectacular scenery with loads of little islands outside the boat and some whale watching available inside amongst the passengers! It's funny, as beautiful as it was my picture count has really fallen now and I'm less impressed about these sort of things. I think if I was there for a two week holiday then I'd've (why do we say that but not type it?) stood outside and taken a million pictures but I think I've reached the point where I've seen so so much over the 16,000 miles that I'm less impressed by these things than I was at the beginning. Anyway, I finally entered Victoria at around 18:30 and hooked up with the others for a few beers on what was to be a nice easy Monday night. Er, except that after three pubs/a club/I don't know how many nasty North American beers including a truely fowl Hoegaarden replica drink with a chunk of lemon in it/ a Jägermeister and little sleep it was time to withdraw from Victoria and head 300 miles north to catch another ferry to Prince Rupert, Canada...

No comments:

Post a Comment