Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Searching for adventure. Anchorage and beyond...





Yet another great 350 mile solo ride to Anchorage got me thinking about a BJ offer I'd received the night before. Behave yourself. His offer was a 1000 mile round trip up to the very top of Alaska, Prudhoe Bay. I'd half been interested in the 250 mile version to the tourist 'Arctic Circle' sign that actually isn't as far north as it should be as there's trees everywhere. After hearing stories about -4 degrees, snow, danger, a complete waste of time etc (from someone who'd been before) my mind was made up. New tyres for the trip purchased and an early(!?) 11.30am start on the first leg (350 miles) to Fairbanks followed. Despite BJ running out of fuel in Denali National Park all went to plan. Well, after I'd sold him a few litres of 'gas' from my tank at $10 a litre! ;-) We even mananged to service the bikes/change rear tyres the night before. Crappy motel, bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment